Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amber13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I notice 2 fish dead yesterday. I took them out of course did about 25% water change and cleaned out my Marine land canister filter as my nitrate and nitrite levels were high. The filter does need new stuff in it that should be here tomorrow. I got up this morning and lost 2 more fish. I did a 50% water change tested the water nitrate was a little high at about 5.0ppm, turned the canister filter back on, noticed I lost another fish this afternoon. I have done another about 25% water change but have left the filter off. Don’t know what to do to keep my remaining fish alive till the stuff for the filter comes in tomorrow but could the filter even be the cause of the fish die?

Hi I'm new here I need some help I have a 10 gallon tank in it I have 2 mickey mouse fish and 3 zebra fish. My platys always swim together now 1 of them is hiding and chasing other 1 away .Does anyone know why pls help

Nitrate is fine at 5ppm. What are your nitrites and ammonia? How long have you had your tank? Is your tank cycled? When cleaning out a canister filter all you need to do is rinse the media with tank water or else you will kill your beneficial bacteria and start a cycle again.

@newmickymous please make your own thread and we can help you there

@op: as SaraB said, sounds like cycle issues. Is your filter still off? You definitely don’t want to leave it off.

Back
Top Bottom