need more color!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobandBecca

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have our 55g community tank which we love in the living room. Everyone swims about the tank. Our barbs don't mess with the angel fish, the rams are chillin at the bottom, silver dollar swimming around care free. I think my signature has a rainbow shark in here but he died =(. Right now when we look at the tank it just seems like everyone is silver and black. Yes the rams have color but we were thinking maybe just one fish with bright color that will work in our tank.

Any thoughts would be cool.

Very interesting, how you are able to make the barbs and angel coexist......I would add something like a trio of red wag platys, or a nice red swordtail.

Well our angel has been in here since the start. The barbs which i have 9 of are small and really play/nip with each other, they dont mess with anyone else at all. This setup is about 1 month old. Maybe it wont last but for now we love it.

ForumRunner_20121215_201951.jpg

Are the platys a social fish? I have had problems with some fish just never coming out or always hiding.

Some people like them, some dont, and i dont know a whole lot about them except they are BRIGHT Reddish/orange and ok community fish as long as you dont have anything to small and that is a red parrot...

Ive been really liking how the threadfin raindbows and boesmani rainbows look lately, i dont know how your other fish would react to the threadfins but if they leave your angel alone then they probably would be okay. When I get a bigger tank and have room to spare I will definitely be adding the boesmanis

I have had 2 blood parrots in my other 55g i do and i dont like them. All they did was freak out every time you came close to the tank then hid. I will say that is exactly what im looking for in the tank color wise.

I think because the angel is so much larger and has been in the tank longest may be the reason that the barbs dont mess with him.

I think because the angel is so much larger and has been in the tank longest may be the reason that the barbs dont mess with him.

I would be on the lookout though; tiger barbs really like to nip. It's great that they are currently getting along, but just know it may not stay that way.

I would be on the lookout though; tiger barbs really like to nip. It's great that they are currently getting along, but just know it may not stay that way.

I feel the same way. Right now though i want to believe its going to last forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom