Need new T-5's bulbs! What should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im due for new bulbs .. since I've started visiting this thread over a year ago. I see alit of people raving about the Fiji purples. I need 4 bulbs currently have two atomic and two whites. How should I mix them up?

I did a google search for my fixture and combo to see picks of tanks with different light combo's, I found one I liked

LOL..Atomic bulbs? I'd love to see those babies running!
Replace the "actinic" bulbs with ATI Blue Plus.
Replace the daylights with ATI Coral Plus, and either ATI Aquablue Special, or Korallen Zucht Fiji Purple.

I am currently running the list below. I have to order new ones next week and will be replacing the AquaSun with a ATI Coral Plus

2 ATI Aqua Blue Special
1 UVL AquaSun
1 ATI Purple Plus
2 ATI Blue Plus

mr_X said:
LOL..Atomic bulbs? I'd love to see those babies running!
Replace the "actinic" bulbs with ATI Blue Plus.
Replace the daylights with ATI Coral Plus, and either ATI Aquablue Special, or Korallen Zucht Fiji Purple.

Lol darn u auto correct. So 2 actinics with the ATI blue plus..and the whites with one coral plus and either an ATI blue Aquablue or a Korallen.. just making sure I under stand correctly.

Well, I don't like the purple lamps, but many do. I would be happy with Aquablue Specials as daylights, but it's personal preference at this point.
I found the UVL aquasun to be a bit too yellow for my taste.
I completely dislike the ATI purple plus. I have a pair of 54 watters here you can have if you come get them. They only have a couple days on them.

mr_X said:
Well, I don't like the purple lamps, but many do. I would be happy with Aquablue Specials as daylights, but it's personal preference at this point.
I found the UVL aquasun to be a bit too yellow for my taste.
I completely dislike the ATI purple plus. I have a pair of 54 watters here you can have if you come get them. They only have a couple days on them.

Im going to agree with the UVL Aquasun's and after looking at pictures of purples, I don't care for them either. So use the aqua blue specials for daylight and the ATI Actinic plus ?

If you like a blue tank, that's what you'll have. It won't be like solid actinic, but it's going to be blue.

Back
Top Bottom