need reccomendations for a qt tank filter and heater (other than spong filter)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to use a square shaped five gallon bucket as a quarantine tank soon, and was wondering what you guys think I should get... I don't want a sponge filter because they don't satisfy me (lol I must have high standards I guess) so I need a hang on back... I saw tons of options in the stores but i have no idea what to get.
For the filter: aquaclear 20, Aqueon quiet flow 10, Marineland Bio Wheel 100, fluval u1, tetra pf10, or others?
For the heater: I have no idea what my options are.... lol

Thank You

picture_117 said:
I say go for the Aquaclear, as far as heaters a 50 watt should do, I know aqueons are good, jaggers.

But I was planning on getting a 50 watt for my ten gallon... will 25 watts be enough? Where I am right now, the water without the heater is at about 79 degrees f. I guess since the aqueon heaters have heaterstats then it doesn't matter if I have a little too many watts, because the heater only turns on when the water is too cold and it turns off when its too hot.

Yup you're correct! As long as the temp without a heater is not like at wild temperatures you can do with almost any. 25 watt should do it too, there's nano heaters to I believe, would be much easier to fit in there.

Back
Top Bottom