need snails to over populate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
apparently i am the one person in the world that cant get pond snails or ramshorn snails to over populate my tank. i have my platy fry tank with java moss and a type of sword. i know the ramshorns have bred because i bought 4 of them for like 25 cents each and some of their offspring all half their size but they arent taking over. i also have pond snails that came on the java moss. i want these for a future puffer but they arent growing fast enough in both size and population. I try to over feed and i put in algae wafers but idk if they like it. what can i do to get this population out of hand haha.

a month but i can only see about 15 offspring

I had the same idea, feed the pond snails to my Puffer. Walmart would give them to me for free. And about 3 months I begin to see clear egg sack everywhere, and now there is little tiny snails roaming the tank.

what kind of puffer? if it was a figure 8 they like a friend.

oh well that explains the aggression. i like them but they have special needs. i used to have one when i was young but i was uninformed and kept him in a freshwater tank and he didnt stand a chance.

just noticed this is my 100th post yay. i posted a lot tonight but i feel like they were quality posts and not junk.

But mine was chill when I first got him, he wouldn't nip at any fins, until I started feeding him snails. I even had ghost shrimp in the tank, and he didn't pay them any attetion, UNTIL I fed him snails lol

Back
Top Bottom