Need some advise on flowerpot coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfishtoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a 55 gal with vho light of 330 watts and need to know where I should put a yellow flowerpot coral in my tank, so it gets the right amount of light to grow. The tank depth is 16 inches from light to sand bottom, should it be at bottom level or middle or top area of tank. Please give me some advise for light needed to grow this coral.

thanks .... :lol:

Take it back to the store as it will not survive more than a year (six months max) in your tank. Flower Pot corals are brackish water corals and do not fare well in intense lighting or tank with water that is too clean and cannot provide the high volume of nutrients needed to keep this coral. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hello, thanks for the reply, pet store never tells you this kind of information about the corals. But thanks again.

Yeah a lot of pet stores are only interested in the quick buck and not about gaining the customer's trust. Again sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Back
Top Bottom