Need some help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wintersjustin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's up guys I just got a 3 gallon tetra cube and I was wondering and wanted to get a couple opinions on what type of fish I should put in there I got a different filter but I was thinking 4 cardinal tetras with some dwarf moss what do u think??

What's up guys I just got a 3 gallon tetra cube and I was wondering and wanted to get a couple opinions on what type of fish I should put in there I got a different filter but I was thinking 4 cardinal tetras with some dwarf moss what do u think??

I would get something a lot smaller than cardinal tetras if at all possible, which still leaves you with a lot of options in my opinion- Chili rasboras, spotted rasbora, blue neon rasbora, scarlet badis, endlers, ember tetras, and ruby tetras. If it's the coloring of the cardinal tetras that you like then green neon tetras would be much smaller option that looks similar.

I would get something a lot smaller than cardinal tetras if at all possible, which still leaves you with a lot of options in my opinion- Chili rasboras, spotted rasbora, blue neon rasbora, scarlet badis, endlers, ember tetras, and ruby tetras. If it's the coloring of the cardinal tetras that you like then green neon tetras would be much smaller option that looks similar.

Ok great thanks for the advice now would these type of fish like the same type of water temp ph as drawf grass? Because I want to aquascape the botttom and fill it with drawf grass

Ok great thanks for the advice now would these type of fish like the same type of water temp ph as drawf grass? Because I want to aquascape the botttom and fill it with drawf grass

Interesting question, I really don't know..

I've never thought about plant preferences surrounding water parameters. I've seen quite a few aquascape journals (many of which include dwarf hairgrass) and no ones ever mentioned adjusting the pH or temp in the interests of a particular plant.

What temp & pH were you aiming for to promote good growth with the grass?

Edited to add:
All the fish I mentioned should thrive in about the same parameters as cardinal tetras do

I was going to go like 70-83° F, KH 4-8, pH 6.5-7.5 and I think that will be good for the chili rasbora those are such cool fish thanks for mentioning those to me

Back
Top Bottom