need some opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello:] I have a saltwater tank but lookin to get into planted freshwater. But I'm having a hard time with choosing what to get.

I can either go to petco and pick up a 20gal with all the stuffs such as filter, heater, hood and all that jive.

Or I can go this Guy I found on Craigslist. He only has 10gal tanks for 10dollars and a t5 fixture for 55.

Opinions?

20 is as big as you can go? A 20 long will be much better than a 20 high. A 30g or 40g breeder would be even better. While there's nothing wrong with a 10g, you just can't do nearly as much with them (I have one... its tough).

mfdrookie516 said:
20 is as big as you can go? A 20 long will be much better than a 20 high. A 30g or 40g breeder would be even better. While there's nothing wrong with a 10g, you just can't do nearly as much with them (I have one... its tough).

I can go higher but I don't have much room haha my sw tank is a 37 bowfront.

And yeah for the 10 I just wanted plants and 1 Betta (10 gallons is better than a cup right?). Either that or a mini breeder for sw corals but I'd prefer to get that betta. The reason for the tough choice is because of that t5. Unfortunately it's for a 10 gal

Well... if you go with a 20 long, you can get a 30" T5HO for $70, so it would be $15 more and a high output fixture. Or, if you bump it up to a 3' tank, you can get a T5HO for $80

mfdrookie516 said:
Well... if you go with a 20 long, you can get a 30" T5HO for $70, so it would be $15 more and a high output fixture. Or, if you bump it up to a 3' tank, you can get a T5HO for $80

T5HO? what exactly is that? Because I've looked around for t5s and I find t5x2 and x4. Which puts me in a rut because the 2 bulb is 79 and the 4 bulb is 180. I've gotten opinions where the 2 bulb might not work for my 37gal because of not enough light

I think ill order some 2 bulbs ones then:] thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom