Neon Glofish Tetra has orange spots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got two Neon Glofish Tetras last Thursday and today I noticed they have an orange spot on the top of their head and you can kind of see-through them. I've notice it also on the Glofish Dainos I have in there. I just have a regular bulb for the fish tank is that a reason why? Should I get a neon light to make them pop more as their displayed in the tank or is this something on my end with water quality or something along that?

Best picture I could grab. The orange type coloring I'm talking about is the one around its head and the line through its body.

Attachments

• IMG_20121106_094830[1].jpg
    IMG_20121106_094830[1].jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 573
Honestly from the picture, it just looks like its internal organs and spinal cord. Are they acting unusual?

No not at all. I was just wondering if I'm seeing their internal organs because I don't have a blacklight to make them glow like they did at the fish store. Besides that they have been fine

Ahh, okay. It all makes sense now. Yes if you were to get a light that would make them glow, a majority of its internal structures would be "hidden" by the glow, though it's more like your eyes are distracted from noticing that you can see through your fish. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom