New 10 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zinthos26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392999624.604105.jpg

Here is my new tank! Not much in it yet. Still a work in progress.
I am doing a fish in cycle with 3 zebra danios. They are healthy and doing well!
Tank has been set up for a week now and I've been wondering about how long it takes to see a nitrite reading? I used seachems stability to get it started. My ammonia reading has been at .25 and has not changed. I test every other day but was wondering if I should be testing every day?
My pH is 7.8 but it is 7 out of the tap. What causes this to go up?
When should I do a water change?
Any kind of help would be great! I am very new to all of this.

Here is the best picture I could get of my fishies
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393000134.630856.jpg
Their names are jellybean, helga, and tugboat =]

Well you seem to know how to cycle but the danios need lots of room so you'll have to return them after you finish cycling. They are very active little buggers.

Yes I did get the danios before I started learning more about fish. But I could still use some help with cycling because this is my first time doing this.

Well as far as fish in cycling goes it's very easy and simple. Just do a water change whenever ammonia or nitrite get above .5 ppm or if nitrate gets above 30 ppm, and once you consistently have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite you are cycled! Then you can add more fish, but slowly.

IMO Any ammonia above .2 should mean you are doing extra water changes. Search for the thread Fish In Cycling: Step Over Into the Dark Side, its a huge help

Back
Top Bottom