New 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeldmansFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of mine just gave me a tank with a filter , heater and pretty much everything else for free. I'm planning on seeding this tank with media from my 30L. Any suggestions on what to stock once its running? I'm leaning towards dwarf cichlids or a gourami of some sort. Thanks!

Well, these fish will not do with peaceful fish, they are agressive against calm fish, but are not agressive against each other
Bala sharks
Silver dollars
Red tail sharks
Silver tipped shark
African feather fin catfish
Awesome fish!

Well, these fish will not do with peaceful fish, they are agressive against calm fish, but are not agressive against each other
Bala sharks
Silver dollars
Red tail sharks
Silver tipped shark
African feather fin catfish
Awesome fish!

All those fish need WAY bigger tanks...
You could probably do
1 dwarf gourami
6 tetras or danios
5 Cory's

OR

3 endlers
3 guppies
3 Cory's

I like the dwarf gourami and corys idea, I might move some of my juliis from my 30 galllon to this one.

My brother's tank is stocked with 7 guppies (2 males 5 females) and 3 lemon tetras, they make for a beautiful peaceful community and wow are there a lot of babies! i reccomend that kinda setup for colour.
However, if you prefer personality, you're right about dwarf cichlids! Try looking at Shell Cichlids, Neolamprologus Multifasciatus, maybe 1m 3f? not terribly much variety i grant you, but sooo fascinating, i've always adored cichlids!
My friend has a similar set up size and has 2 peppered cories, 2f mollies and 2f platys, she loves them and they are pretty together!
hope this helps! x

Back
Top Bottom