New 125 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camaj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got 125 gallon tank what are some things I should get for an amazing set up and what are steps I need to do. I have a green terror and 2 oscars. Coming from a 30 gallon I had before.

Also wanted to know if heater is really needed didn't use one for half a year and fish seem fine. One more thing is if aquarium salt is needed also stress coat and other chemicals.

What is good brand for heater, temp reader and air pump. I need help people!!

I would encourage you to have a heater. I wouldn't know the best brand out there. I have always used what was on sale (not a good thing to do).

A 125g should be a good amount to keep the tensions between those three down, or so I would expect. I'm sure you could add in some plecos and great driftwood.

This tank is cycled, right?

Might be worth while looking into an inline heater (for a canister). I've heard stories of oscars breaking heaters. What kind of filtration are you planning on using? Oscars are messy fish and need lots of filtration.

Camaj said:
Also wanted to know if heater is really needed didn't use one for half a year and fish seem fine. One more thing is if aquarium salt is needed also stress coat and other chemicals.

No, salt is not needed except for a treatment. IMO the only chemical that should be going into an aquarium is a dechlorinator. The less chemicals the better.

I might give these fish to a local petshop and get like 12 piranhas

What kind of piranhas are you wanting? You need to do lots and lots of research and make sure you are properly stocking the tank first.

No problem. There are lots of fish you could put into a 125g. Maybe try searching in general around the internet. You might find something else that is interesting.

I like aggressive fish that are active there fun to watch and they poop a lot LOL

Piranha aren't very active in my experience. The only time they are active is during feeding. I find that a giant school of small fish to be exciting in a 125. With of course a larger fish that coaxes them to school.

Just got my 125 gallon with wood stand its great now I noticed on top is 3 separate openings each opening is 22 inches I now need 3 pieces of glass

Back
Top Bottom