new 29 gal. Biocube nano...suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkprincess

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I'm an expert in freshwater,but new to saltwater. I'm finally setting one up after years of wanting to try my hand at it. I have a 29 G biocube, protein skimmer, uv sterilized and 200w fluval heater. I have a 3g eclipse practice tank set up right now.and I'm learning quickly Lol. My question is what are good beginner corals and or anemones if such a thing exists. Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to decorate a tall tank? Thanks!

I use live-aquaria.com to help me determine what might be easy to keep when searching animals to stock. I've put polyps (starburst, button,etc), mushroom, leather, torch, Xenia, and blue berry sea fan in a tank less than three months old. I don't feed them. I think the only one I really need to worry about is the sea fan. I bought it because it was pretty not knowing it was for experts only, but it's doing nicely in my tank. I've had it about a month now. As for anemones, you should really stay away from those until you water matures. I've heard minimum 6 months, with a year being recommended. I was in my LFS when someone bought a green (blanket?) anemone. Her tank was an IQ5 nano. Much too small for the anemone. She's uploaded pictures to the local blog and it seems to be doing okay now in 3 month old water, but I question its long term health. If you get clowns be careful the anemones are larger. I've heard clowns can "love" them to death.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom