New 55 Gallon Tank - Advice Needed!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kissmyfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a 55gal FW tank, a new upgrade from my 10gal. I know all the basics but I'm lost when it comes to what type of filtration to buy and lighting. I currently have NO lighting and I want something thats bright and clear, not yellow. Also I was looking into buying a Fluval 305 canister filter, any good? I really need some good advice on these things, I want good quality but I'm also on a budget.

I am planning to have a tropical community with live plants. I have three Angel fish, 2 neons, 3 Zebra Danios, and 2 Mollys.

Any help, information, suggestions is greatly appreciated.

ok so the fluval is great IMO. lighting it depends if you want plants or not and what's your budget. neons shouldnt be kept with angels what about 8-cardinal tetras
8-zebra danios
1-angelfish
2 molly
8-juli corys

I'd step up to the Fluval 405. That's what I have on my 48 gallon and if you look online you can usually find one for the same price they sell the 305's for in stores.

As for lighting, I have a Zoo-Med duel T-5 HO light kit. One of my lights is "Ultra Sun" (white daylight), and the other is actinic which gives it a great bluish / violet effect. At night I turn off the daylight bulb and let the tank look like moonlight until we go to bed.

I've run eheim filters for years. Just started a planted tank so I invested in a coral life 4 bulb which has separate switches for the t 5 lamps and a third for lunar. The set up looks really cool

Back
Top Bottom