New 75 Gallon Custom Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scmtzc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I apologize in advance if I break the forum rules, I am new this, my first post, and I am a little short on time. Going out of town until Monday. When I return I will read the rules and be sure to update my profile. Anyway on to my inquiry. My name is Sean. I have had several freshwater aquariums in the past with good results. I recently got a 75 gal aquarium former fresh setup for free. One caveat there was a leak. So I just finished the new silicone today and when I get back Tuesday it will be cured and I will give it a water test. Assuming it passes the water test, I will be ready to proceed with advanced setup. I have always wanted an oceani, but never had the tank or money to afford one. My problem is I don't know all that much about the different processes. Skimmer, Sand, BioBalls, Cannisters, Sump, Refuges, etc. I understand more water flow the better and the more filtration the better. So while I don't like blowing money I have no problem forking out what it costs for the proper equipment. However, I do want to do this custom. I was thinking of having 1 or more sump areas, built into the tank by using separate partitions. Also having 2, or more pumps pushing "filtered" water into random points for cross flows. At this point I am lacking the information to make proper plans to proceed. Some more information that may be useful.

Money: let's not really worry about costs at this point.

Maintenance Expectations: Ideally; mainly weekly water adjustments, occasional cleaning. Want this to be on the lower end of the spectrum and when I need to do stuff, making things easy to get to will save time in the future.

Tank Expectations: Fish & Coral (must), hopefully crustaceans & plants, and anemone, shrimps would be awesome

Time: I got plenty

Motivation and Skill: Plenty of it will, DIY Experience is moderate, have some engineering background

Also is it ok to do the water test with tap water?(this will be removed)

Can't think of much else, here are a few drawings I put together with kind of what I was thinking. Thanks a ton, ill get back on next week. looking forward to hearing from you :thanks:
Sean

Almost forgot the pics:fish2:

Attachments

• Aq Dims ideas.jpg
    Aq Dims ideas.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Aq sump idea thought.jpg
    Aq sump idea thought.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Slits shown.jpg
    Slits shown.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66