New acro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We bought this carmel colored acro last night, didn't realize we had two crabs that were already occupying it, further reading I found out they are acro crabs. We've positioned the acro high and our green clown gobies are already home with this acro verses the powerheads they were using for the last day.

Very nice! The Clown Goby looks right at home! It'll be interesting to see if the coral changes color for you at all.

Pretty!

LOL thanks! Almost got a light blue one last night instead, only thing that stopped us was the price! Addiction is the word alright! :D We already know we are going to have to get more, right now the two clowns are trying to make a home in it and the crabs aren't very happy, time to start saving for more I guess. Question though, and I know I should probably post it somewhere else, but I've read they are fast growers, how fast is fast? Any tips on what you've done to make them grow faster?

TIA :D

Question though, and I know I should probably post it somewhere else, but I've read they are fast growers, how fast is fast?

Hmmm, lets see, I have an A. millepora frag that has grown 900-1000% in less than a year. My cap has grown probably 500% in a little less than a year, Pocillopora damicornis 300-400 % in a little less than a year. one of my M dig has growm 100% in less than 6 months. Different paces for different frags, but fast none the less.

Any tips on what you've done to make them grow faster?

Maintain CA at > than 400 with a balanced alk, clean water conditions and lots of light ;) I feed a blender mush which has a very diverse consistancy from liquid to fish bite size chunks, and I have a fuge that produces lots of larvae for the corals to eat.

Ok thanks Kevin, going to have to find your blender mush recipe, John made some but put gelatin in it, we haven't used it lately it leaves a film on everything, time to make a new batch minus the gelatin. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom