New additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NICE cardinals! How are they doing in your tank?

From what I see in the picture, looks like you have hair algae. :/

yeah, might want to get that algae fixed before adding anymore livestock into the tank. good luck with that flower pot. i remember times when they're nearly impossible to keep in the long term.

You probably got two of the most difficult corals to keep alive. Unless that is an Aussie elegance it probably won't survive. Goni can be pretty tough as well. Cardinals look very nice though

Yeah that is the last bit of hair algae that I have been fighting for six months. As for the goniopora the boss aka my girlfriend has to have them in her tank. Tried going with a small frag for $15 instead of a bigger one.

Yeah that is the last bit of hair algae that I have been fighting for six months. As for the goniopora the boss aka my girlfriend has to have them in her tank. Tried going with a small frag for $15 instead of a bigger one.

Gotcha, make sure to keep it fed and in lower light. Good luck with it, would love to see it thrive :)

From what I've read goniopora do best in a skimmerless tank or one with light skimming. Also best to target feed with phyto and zooplankton daily.

They like pretty filthy water. One reason they were considered easy to keep 25 years ago before we developed easy methods of effective filtration was the fact they seem to like water higher in organics.

I've read to keep multiple goniporas next to each other helps in keeping them...again I've read this not experienced it

I got oyster feast (eggs) for my Goniopora. I just got the frag a week ago so I don't know either. I've been feeding it phyto and cyclo peeze

Back
Top Bottom