New and Have Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meeggsS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the site, and I have a few questions on a crab I've been keeping for the past couple weeks.

It's a panther crab I got from a highly respected LFS, but when I got him, I only had basic info on food and environment.

One question I have is if a panther crab is fully aquatic. Right now, he is in a ten gallon tank by himself with the water level about a third of the way up.

If anyone has some advice or past experiences with panther crabs that they'd be willing to share, I'd be eager to listen and learn! Thank you very much!

They are considered to be semi aquatic. Some will make a small land portion for them to get up on.

Welcome :)

Caleb

Panther crabs are in the same family as fiddler crabs And they are not fully Aquatic,
they are more a land crab that lives close to the water as that is where they hunt for a majority there food,
their diet consists of seaweed , small crustation's like snails and hermits, and they hunt underwater for small fish , these crabs usually starve in captivity as they don't adapt well to prepared foods. these crabs are hunters and they survive on what they can catch,
Welcome to AA and hope you find all your answers look forward seeing you on the forums

Back
Top Bottom