New aquarium - unknown baby fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeh7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've just set up my first planted tank and was planning on leaving it for a few weeks to settle, but I have just found some baby fish swimming around. There aren't any other fish in the tank so it must have come with the plants.

It would help to know type of fish it is - I've attached a picture, but it's hard to see as they are so small.

I'm not really sure what to do with it, but I've been adding the quick start bacteria since i got the tank and the parameters all seem fine, so there's a chance they could survive.

Is it normal for this to happen?

Attachments

• IMG_20220223_130906.jpg
    IMG_20220223_130906.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 35
Did the plants come out of a display tank or a packet?

If the plants came out of a display tank its possible a fish or eggs got scooped out with the plant. If it came out of a packet how tropica plants are packaged for sale, i dont see how a fish could come from that source.

Such a small fish cant be identified from that photo. If its possible it came out of a display tank i would contact the store and ask them what fish they keep in their display tank.

Yes they came from a display tank, I'll get in touch to see what they had with the plants.

Is it likely that they will survive in a new aquarium setup?

Turns out they're goldfish, so I'll be taking them back.

Back
Top Bottom