New Bee needs love.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyLoach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Morning fellow fish enthusiasts,
I have just recently set up two tanks (Fluval Chi 5g and Dennerle 50l Scapers) and have been reading lots in fish forums trying to figure with which fish I should stock them. I am already considering getting a new tank as my main love is loaches and I realize 13g is rather small, even with a larger footprint and being kind of wide.

I live in Germany and have some difficulty finding out information here as the culture is pretty different and people are usually not too willing to shoot the breeze with you about loaches. So I am very pleased with any advise you all can offer.

I ask for your patience as my grammer is a mess. I shall endeavor to use capitals when appropriate and to comma as God intended but this is challanging as I have adapted to German speak and, although I stink at it, somehow my English has been completely eroded.

Thank you for having me. I am very pleased to be here.
Kind Regards,
LadyLoach

Thank you, Sara.

Kuhlis. Specifically the Java Kuhli or some of the more exotic Kuhli Loaches. But I have only seen Pangio kuhlii, Pangio myersi, and Pangio oblonga around where I live.

I would also love to have Dojos but I will have to wait for a larger tank before I get any of those beasties. Plus I have yet to find any fish store that carry them in Berlin.

Last edited:
A group of Java kuhlis would do well in a 20 gallon (long) tank with some sand.
You may have better luck finding them online although i have no experience ordering fish online. You might also be able to ask your local fish store to order some in.

Yep, that seems to be the concensus. I am hoping to start with a small group of 6 in my 50l (just over 13g) and then expand to a 20 Long in the near future. I just got the 50l cycled using a seeded filter and it is nicely planted with some tunnels and hides so I am hoping that a group of Javas could be happy there for a spell. Does that sound reasonable?

As long as it's cycled it should be fine for a couple of months. Just keep the water pristine because they don't have any scales.

Back
Top Bottom