New Betta Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SOTOMX

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I wanted to share my new betta project, I already have a 100 gallon community tank, and I wanted to have a Betta on my desk. I bought a Petco brand of 6.5 gallons and just took off the filter and add more sponge and Matrix.

For now it´s running the cycling, also I´m shopping around to find the right betta for it. Also I plan to add some other inhabitants, like Shrimp, snail or maybe 3 neon´s.

betta 6.jpg

betta 5.jpg

betta 3.jpg

betta 1.jpg

That’s looking really good! I would be careful adding anything besides the betta though. 5 gallons is really the minimum for bettas (so good job on getting a big enough tank, 6.5 is great, a lot of people think bettas can live in tiny tanks), and I would be hesitant to cohab in anything less than a 10 gallon. If you do decide to go that route, be sure to put in lots of cover to make sure they have plenty of places to get away from each other. Also make sure you have a backup plan in case the fish just don’t work together. Many bettas are perfectly fine coexisting with other fish, but sometimes it just won’t work depending on your specific betta’s temperament.

That’s looking really good! I would be careful adding anything besides the betta though. 5 gallons is really the minimum for bettas (so good job on getting a big enough tank, 6.5 is great, a lot of people think bettas can live in tiny tanks), and I would be hesitant to cohab in anything less than a 10 gallon. If you do decide to go that route, be sure to put in lots of cover to make sure they have plenty of places to get away from each other. Also make sure you have a backup plan in case the fish just don’t work together. Many bettas are perfectly fine coexisting with other fish, but sometimes it just won’t work depending on your specific betta’s temperament.
Thanks for the advice, my backup plan would be move the neon´s to the 100 gallon, anyways, any suggestions about cherry shrimps instead of small fisshes?

Back
Top Bottom