New betta tank... Possibly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking at upgrading my betta, Ninja, to a Fluval Spec 2 gallon. Will this be too much water movement to keep my little guy happy? I'm just wondering because of the built in filter... Thanks everyone for your responses :cool:

I have my betta in an Aqueon Evolve4 and he loves it! I have the pump turned down as low as it goes which is fine for him

And what do you do for a heater? Or does the motor of the filter generate enough heat to keep a couple gallons at the right temp?

I have a 7.5 watt slim hydor heater. It works great keeps the tank about 78-80 degrees consistently. It fits perfectly along the back wall beside the pump.

Tetra1990 said:
2 gallon tank? IMO, the minimum tank size for bettas should be 5 gallons.

I agree, 5 is a smaller tank for a Betta, ten is even better, a 16 bow front desk top tank is super-duper!

For what it's worth you need to observe your Betta to judge how he responds to current. My fish is hyper sensitive and he has a baffled 10i running in a 29 gallon, but many Betta owners report their fish tolerating current or even "playing" in it. My fish showed horizontal stripes, fading and frantic escape attempts.

Back
Top Bottom