New Chiclid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone so i bought one chiclid for my new 10g today! I have one so far but do you think i could put maybe 2 more in there? I have several caves for them to hide in

Kind of hard to tell but the very few cichlids that can be kept in 10G aren't very colorful. It could be some type of African but I'm not sure. Most Africans need 55G minimum.

+1

The lfs didn't know what species this is? I don't yet have my dream cichlid tank together but I'm going to guess it's a malawi cichlid. Please wait for more knowledgeable people to chime in with exact name and tank requirements.

Ahh ok and the guy said that the little guy would work out in my tank! Im nit sure though

Kind of looks like a female saulosi. Is this it?

Attachments

• image-4019781046.jpg
    image-4019781046.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 86
If the guy doesn't even know what species it is, how would he know it would work in your tank?

Many employees give downright wrong information because they haven't been trained properly and/or haven't taken the initiative to do research themselves.

I saw your other thread about food but, frankly, you cannot keep this fish in your tank. So, please don't worry about purchasing any special food for it.

Ya that looks like it and he didnt not know, i just forgot to ask ( i know stupid of me)

Well, lesson learned the hard way, I guess. The best thing is to do tons of research on the species you're interested in PRIOR to purchase. That way you don't go through falling in love with a fish you can't keep and the fish are placed in the proper environment. With so many beautiful species out there, it's a tough rule to follow, but a necessary one.

Depends on your store. Call around or order online but find a new home for the saulosi first.

Not quite sure it's a pseudotropheus saulosi. It has the look of a yellow lab x red zebra hybrid to me. It's some sort of mbuna, whatever it is. But I definately agree, it must be returned.

Back
Top Bottom