new cichlid tank.. few minor questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey all,

just started a new african tank .. so far ive only added a small amount of salt & they're all thriving. im going to add some more salt & was thinking about a piece of coral for the ph..? good idea?

my main question is about feeding. i want to ensure they have the best color possible, so ive started them on cichlid gold color pellets. is there a better food for enhancing color?

any & all help is always appreciated :)

ronnieroach said:
hey all,

just started a new african tank .. so far ive only added a small amount of salt & they're all thriving. im going to add some more salt & was thinking about a piece of coral for the ph..? good idea?

my main question is about feeding. i want to ensure they have the best color possible, so ive started them on cichlid gold color pellets. is there a better food for enhancing color?

any & all help is always appreciated :)

What kind of salt are you adding because adding aquarium salt is not necessary for Africans. Most store bought Africans don't need super high ph like wild caught ones would. If you want to buffer your ph add cichlid sand, crushed coral or lime stone rocks to naturally buffer it.

Feed a staple of good quality food like hakari gold, new life spectrum or omega 1.

Dainichi with Naturose is a good color enhancing food. If you want to bring out the reds in your fish feed krill, and FD plankton.

ronnieroach said:
man this fish stuff is beyond tricky.. im about to just get a dog lol

Lol, its just like anything else. Just gotta figure out the basics. What kind of Africans? My labs, rusty, and Acei like carrots and spinach along with low protein, high fiber pellets.

only one i know the name of for sure is my venestus. other than that i have a yellow one, blue one, black one w/ orange fins, pinkish one w/ blue, white one w/ peach stripes & eyes, & silver & black one w/ an orange line on top fin..

i assume those specs dont help much but i was bored & didnt mind writing about em lol

hitting the pet store tmro to try & find the best color enhancing food.. obv i want them healthy too but i really want em to pop if i can help it

Back
Top Bottom