New Co2 Regulator/DIY diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jehenry89

Aquarium Advice Freak
After having so many issues with my old regulator, I finally invested in a good regulator. I purchased this CarbonDoser Electronic Co2 regulator. After initial set up, I had issues getting the co2 to come out of my diffuser and I was nerd raging because I thought that I received a lemon. Finally, I remembered that the diffuser that I had would not work unless the regulator was set to 30psi. After detaching it, I put the tube in the water and low and behold, bubbles came out!:facepalm:.

I made a makeshift diffuser until the glass one that I just ordered comes in but my ghetto version actually works pretty well so I just wanted to quick share with everyone what I did in case anyone else needs something in a pinch.

I took a cotton ball, wet it and used it to cover the tip of my tube. Then used a piece of microfiber cleaning cloth (I had one from a tablet screen protector I bought a while back), place that over the cotton ball. Pull the cloth down as hard as I could and placed a zip tie around it. I used pair of pliers to make the zip tie as tight as I could so air wouldn't escape from the bottom. and BAM, a make shift diffuser. It worked better when I had the tube pointing upwards so I had to tie it to an old decoration I had laying around, hence the pirate ship lol.
**I had to redo it a few times to get the cotton ball position just right to make the bubbles micro size, so anticipate on using a few zip ties**

Attachments

• IMAG0222[1].jpg
    IMAG0222[1].jpg
    170 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom