New fertilizer!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackdaddy81

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just went out today and got some Epsom salt and I ordered some potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, and potassium sulfate online from aquariumfertilizer.com (great store by the way). I have used an online calculator to make my Magnesium solution, and I will do the same for the other chemicals when they arrive.

I know for the nitrate and phosphate I regulate how frequently I fertilize my aquarium based on nitrate and phosphate tests.

My question is, how do I know how frequently I should fertilize with magnesium? I know that the target range is 5 to 10 ppm of magnesium, but how do I know I am keeping in that range? I just added enough of my solution to raise my magnesium up to about 7 ppm. How often should I be fertilizing to keep at about this amount?

Thanks!

It will be difficult to know- depends on your plants, co2, lighting , etc. That's part of the reason EI is popular. You can just use trial and error. You will learn to recognize defficiences in your plants.

Back
Top Bottom