New filter not seeded yet but old one cutting off. What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmathis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I just got a brand new Eheim Classic 2217 for my established 75 gallon tank. I have been running 2 whisper 60's for years. The main reason I got the new Eheim is because both whispers have been cutting off intermittently for the last month or so.

Now I've had the Eheim running for 3 days so I know it's not seeded. (LOVE IT!!! BTW :D) But the whispers are getting worse and worse, if I leave for very long at a time I'll come back to them just running dry. I was hoping to fix them and save them for emergencies. I don't want to ruin them.

Does the EHEIM have enough chemical filtration etc to run that tank without the Whispers?

What should I do?

Thanks so much!

Well your tank still has bacteria which is a plus. I would remove some of the filter media from the Whisper 60's and place the media in one of the eheim's trays (if you have room). The other thing I've done is taken a bowl or jar, place the old filter media in the jar and place the jar in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom