New filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N.Galvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all i am after for a new filter for a 56 ltr tank the one i have that came with the tank looks cheap and rubbish and only has the white sponge inside, im after one that is better and give me more clear water i have looked at a fluval u2 has any one any experiance with this or any other suggestions and also what is the best way to add the new filter

Thanks guys

Run your new filter that u get with the old one still running for a couple of weeks and take out some of your tank water in a bucket and was the sponge and or media with it first too

I personally like simple filters with only a sponge or a comb to hold beneficial bacteria. I use purigen in a little bag if my water is not super clear- usually due to tannins.

My favorite filter for smaller tanks is the tetra whisper internal series. Sooooo simple it's ridiculous.

You seem a little bit more techy of a guy, so the canisters offer a bajillion stages and add-ins but to me the only plus is that the filter is out of the display and not cluttering the tank edge either. I appreciate the canisters for their visual benefits, but I personally hate cleaning and "out of sight out of mind".

Back
Top Bottom