new fish tank!.. because i haven't been giving the fish enough attention :P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey!.. I haven't been on here for awhile.. and i also have been very busy with university to give the fishy's much attention :( .. but today i bought a tank.
I was after a 20 gallon and ended up coming home with a 37 gallon :) .. it looks huge next to my little tank. It's also an interesting shape and i think the shape makes it look bigger. But these pictures don't do it justice!

img_1123959_0_da08586e39d2edf4630be7c8c319b06e.jpg

img_1123959_1_a0c22e7e7a935b2989fc5f85f152fc37.jpg

the tank with just water.

I'm just putting my opaline gourami, group of cory's and 2 guppies in it..
any suggestions on what else would be good on it?

i'm getting sand for it tomorrow and might play around with some plants :)

thanks! i swear in person it looks so huge tho!.
ah yes bubbles haha .. yeah hes doing good and taking it easy.. still has his shrimp gang, except there is ALOT more shrimp.. ahh.

How are your tanks going? How's your Black knife fish?

The tank does look big! It looks so clean too (I mean like clean lines LOL).
Awww man, the shrimp gang! Hahaha!

Sadly Elvis passed away a couple months ago. :( I broke down the 75G and gave it away.

aww do you know what happened to him? and why did you give the 75g away?.. just too much?
How's your betta's? From what i remember 1 was sick awhile ago?

Yeah, his death was my fault. :( I made up a little crafty pvc pipe, using silicone, and I didn't let it cure long enough, and he got sick. He got better, and then got worse and passed.
I gave the 75 away because he was the only reason I had it, so now I just have the 5, 20 and the two 10's.
The bettas are good! They still won't let their tails grow back though, little brats. I had a small issue with these little white harmless worms in one betta tank, but have gotten rid of those thankfully!

aww sorry about elvis.. i forget how easy fish can get sick from that sort of stuff :(
Are the betta's still biting their tails?? they are so silly haha. Their like dogs chasing their tails!. ehhhh what were the worms? I actually got some free live worms when i bought the fish tank!
also.. There was a sign out the front of this little fish store saying "free fish with tank purchase".. but they were like guppies or goldfish.. my boyfriend bargained with them and i ended up with 2 more cories hahaha I think he's starting to like the fish!

Thanks. :)
It was a planaria worm, and I still don't know exactly how it got in there, but they are gone now, (after 10,000 vacuums LOL).
I will be moving soon, and I am getting a free 50G tank, and I think I am gonna go with some goldfish, probably black moors. I have fallen in love with them recently :D.
I just got some emerald cories too!!! I adopted one from a girl online, and thought she needed some friends, so I got 2 more for now, and they will most likely go in with the goldfish. Man, I didn't realize how funny cories were, and I love them to death!
You knew the boyfriend would come over to the "dark side" sometime!!! I am still working on my husband....He hasn't come around yet LOL.

awww i was never a fan of goldfish BUT i have also fallen in love with their funny wobbly ways haha.. i think the lionhead's are so cute!
yes corys are so funny! When i put the 2 new ones in they were having so much fun!
ah bummer! maybe he'd like a manly fish like a shark haha.. my boyfriend still says "Their just fish!" when i say "Its just a car".. but he is liking them more.. like today he said "i want a tank" hahaha except it was his "tank full of betta's" request again!

Back
Top Bottom