New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am so excited. I found a new lfs in my area (well not new, just new to me) and was just wowed when I walked in the door. They had the best selection. Four different sections, cichlid, freshies, salties, and goldies.

I found my new GBr's there, they are over 2" long each with the most amazing colors. I got two males and four females. Their fins are a little torn in places, but with my last experience with rams, I was excited to find them again, and decided to give it a try. Hopefully their fins grow back soon. They are doing well so far, none of them are hiding, they are all out, moving around my gravel to their suitings.

I also found some really nice dime sized angels. I decided on three koi angels. I offered some baby brine shrimp about an hour after they were introduced into the tank, and they were gobbling up as much as they could.

I will see if i can get a camera to share pics soon. Sorry this was so long, I'm just really excited about my new aquisitions :lol:

will its brother (pimafix) work? That is all I have on hand right now. and is it safe for clown loaches and CAE's?

pimafix is different. pima is to treat for fungus. pima is also safe with loaches and cae's.

thats right, i knew that lol.

I also have some maroxy and maracyn 2 on hand, would either help at all?

(just going through my medicine cabinet to see if i have anything right now that will help, as I will not be able to get to petsmart in time tonight.)

The fins should grow back well, if you maitain good or great water quality. Just change water twice a week instead of once and your fish will heal and grow well. I changed water every other day when my angels were little.

I wouldn't use any other meds other than Pimafix and Melafix. But most important, like stated above, is good water conditions. If you keep the water quality high, they will heal up fairly quickly. :)

well water quality is no problem here, i am always on top of that. And since the last time i tried GBr's they all died within two weeks, I want to do whatever I can to make sure that all six actually survive and become a part of my tank (since the tank they are in has been designed and stocked around them) :D

And frequent water changes will also help my angels grow faster too, huh?

It will help all your fish. And yes, I firmly beleive frequent PWCs will make you fish grow healthier and faster.

well, i do once a week 30% water changes anyway :D

they are all still doing very well, the angels are little pigs (they tried to eat the thread on my mag float)

Back
Top Bottom