New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow fellow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All

Im going to be swapping quite a few of the fish in my tank cos i want a bit of a new look. I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts on whether it would be best to have large schools of two or three species or more of a variety. i was thinking that the big schools would make more impact but with more fish is more variety Right now i have 9 black skirt tetras?widow, 6 Platys, 4 neons, 4 danions and 5 harlequins. Also is there such a thing as too many species in one tank?

i have reseached your older posts and see that you have a 92 L tank, correct? that would make it about 25 gal tank. seems to me that you are already stocked to your limit.

EDIT: didn't read your post good enough the first time. i see you are going to restock not add more. it all depends on what type of fish you plan on getting. some perfer to be in large shoals and some are happy in smaller ones.

PS. what are you doing with the fish you have now?

For a 25g I think I'd stick to 2 schools of 8 or one big school of 12-14...plus maybe some cories and a centerpiece fish....but thats just me.

I believe you are close to being overstocked...so you'd have to move some out before you add more.

Back
Top Bottom