New floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

af2018

Aquarium Advice Regular
Andy sager I’ve been following your advice. Had some fake leafy ones floating but those mollies still haven’t had babies! Found a really cool fish store not too far from home and got these! I’ll definitely be going back for more live plants but idk why I never thought about floating plants! Thanks for the advice, my aquarium is slowly looking more natural (instead of fancy lol) and my fish seem really happy. Despite the ones being so pregnant!

Attachments

• IMG_6514.jpeg
    IMG_6514.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6515.jpeg
    IMG_6515.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 3
Andy sager I’ve been following your advice. Had some fake leafy ones floating but those mollies still haven’t had babies! Found a really cool fish store not too far from home and got these! I’ll definitely be going back for more live plants but idk why I never thought about floating plants! Thanks for the advice, my aquarium is slowly looking more natural (instead of fancy lol) and my fish seem really happy. Despite the ones being so pregnant!
Glad to help. :) Good floaters for babies are Java moss, Hornwort and Guppy Grass. They also are good nitrate absorbers. (y) (y)

Omg yes!! So I took your advice and got those new fish and it’s been a bit much on my tank. I’ve been having to change out my water a couple times a week. I can’t even remember the name of the ones I got 😂 but the lady at the fish store said it they’d absorb more than some of the other plants. Luckily im a real weirdo about my water so my levels aren’t getting to lethal levels but it’s been a lot of work! And I definitely need more live plants in my tank. They’re expensive af tho.

Lady at the store also told me I could take clippings from my house plants and put them in my tank??? How true is this?? Are there risks?

Omg yes!! So I took your advice and got those new fish and it’s been a bit much on my tank. I’ve been having to change out my water a couple times a week. I can’t even remember the name of the ones I got 😂 but the lady at the fish store said it they’d absorb more than some of the other plants. Luckily im a real weirdo about my water so my levels aren’t getting to lethal levels but it’s been a lot of work! And I definitely need more live plants in my tank. They’re expensive af tho.
That's the price you pay for adding too much too soon. :whistle: ;)

Lady at the store also told me I could take clippings from my house plants and put them in my tank??? How true is this?? Are there risks?
All depends on which plants you are talking about. Some will do better above the waterline with their roots in the tank and some that can be totally submerged with no issues and some that have toxic sap that shouldn't be anywhere near aquariums.

When your plants grow in like this: 1714017390251.png
your Mollies will be popping babies like crazy. ;) (y)

Back
Top Bottom