New frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a new frag today but it wasn't labeled at all and no one knew what it was, that's pretty bad I know, haha but this is it next to the octopus coral sorry if it's blurry

image-2252951205.jpg

OniTweak said:
I believe your Octopus Coral is actually a Frogspawn Coral. Also check out CoralPedia.com :: Zoanthids, Palys for possible ID on color for your Zoas.

Really? Here's a better pic of the coral, the told me octopus so I assumed it was, Ive only had my tank for about 3 months so ion still learning all the corals haha

image-1301662647.jpg

Yeah, looks like frogspawn to me as well. But I think it is sometimes called Octopus Coral

Crabs said:
Yeah, looks like frogspawn to me as well. But I think it is sometimes called Octopus Coral

Are they slow growers? And special needs they require??

Octo Frogspawn. :)

Attachments

• image-3173796258.jpg
    image-3173796258.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1756816973.jpg
    image-1756816973.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 125
Looks like shelby2185 should answer that question. I have a small frag of frogspawn that isn't doing much

Blakers said:
Are they slow growers? And special needs they require??

I bought mine already at a decent size. It has 4 large heads and one small head. I've had it for about 2 months now and I have definitely seen growth. I target feed mine twice a week with a turkey baster. Some say you shouldn't have to target feed, but it's been working for me. I also only have the stock biocube lighting, and it's doing great. :)

Target feed eh? Think I'll try that. As I said before, I've had mine about 3 months and I haven't seen any growth. Urs really look great

Octo Frogspawn. :)

Beautiful coral

Nice tank :)

Just out of interest how much was that coral?

When I buy some Coral in the future I dont want to be ripped of by the LFS!
There coral is £40 For a quater of that is that a good price?

Thanks Aston

Target feeding kicks butt. I grew the trumpet in my profile pic from a small group of 5 to what you see in alittle less then a year.

Fishy Aston said:
Beautiful coral

Thanks Aston

Thanks!

Well, that does sounds quite expensive to me. However, I live in Florida so I might have better access to the corals than you do. I actually only paid $40 for my octo-frogspawn. They wanted $55, but I'm a loyal customer to the store I bought it from and I haggled with them. lol

Beautiful coral

Thanks Aston

I haggle as well and find go deals. Bought 10 frags for $100. And a frag of branching montipora digitata for $1.99

But some place I plan to try is Saltcritters.com

Back
Top Bottom