New Goldfish - Acting Odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, I bought a goldfish about 2 days ago. Went in to get some food, came out with a 2 inch Calico Fantail goldie and a bunch of fake plants.

So far, he is barely eating at all, and not being active either.
Tank Set up as follows:
20 Long with AquaClear 20 filled with seeded filter media
Temp is 65ish (Is that the cause of the problem?)
Gravel
Lots of fake plants for hiding places
Feeding blanched, de-shelled peas, and Omega One Goldfish Flake. Nibbled at flakes, hasn't touched the peas.

Any ideas on what might be wrong with him?

How did you acclimate him? What are the parameters? The lower temp would make him inactive because most stores keep their goldfish in tropical range temps but this does not rule out other possible issues. Some more info will help!

I drip acclimated him. Parameters I am not sure of, but I will test today after I do a water change. I have noticed something new and scary about him this afternoon when I turned the lights on. It's like the poor little guy had a stroke or something on his left side. Eye is not dialating back to a smaller size after lights being turned on. Not using fin on that side either. Dorsal fin (the one on top, right?) is also clamped, and appears to have either fin rot or some sort of fungus. Help?

Can you please test your water before a wc and let us know it looks? After a wc won't mean as much because we won't know what conditions he has been in. A pic will help to see what is going on too!

Sure, I can test here in a little bit.
Until I can get a pic and test results, is there anything you can think of that would fit the descriptions of what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom