New ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeTank7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got some new drift wood and plan on doing a little aquascaping. Obviously it's still water logging which is always a pain but I got a good look at what I want to do with it. Gonna cover the top with anubias of some sort (ideas please) and gonna have maybe wisteria or some onion plants growing behind it and on both corners of the tank to give it that stand out appearance. Trying to grow some amazon swords but my LFS only has the compacta and it's super slow:/ hoping to get some lilies and some crypts the next time I go up there. Gonna dirt the bottom as soon as the drift wood decides to accept underwater life lol. Can't wait for the final turn out of this bare tank. Give me any thoughts on what would be good to add considering I only have 2 6500k T8s

image-3239850572.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do Anubias nana...Anubias barteri is my favorite :) I have a few amazon sword *plantlets* I can sell you if you want. The DW looks cool! How about some Vals? Crypts and Red tiger lotus looks good together IMO and they are low light. Looks like you have some water stuck in between that background and the glass there, might want to clean that up ;)

You could do Anubias nana...Anubias barteri is my favorite :) I have a few amazon sword *plantlets* I can sell you if you want. The DW looks cool! How about some Vals? Crypts and Red tiger lotus looks good together IMO and they are low light. Looks like you have some water stuck in between that background and the glass there, might want to clean that up ;)

Yea I was looking into some anubias species but wasn't sure what would go good with it. The "nana" stays short which is what I would like so I will probably pick that up. Im going to try and do some crypts as a front plant around the DW. I would very much appreciate the plantlets!! I'm dying for a amazon sword they are very classy lol i will private message u about it. My back ground is coming off BTW lol I'm going to paint the back black which I hope stands my plants out more

Yea I was looking into some anubias species but wasn't sure what would go good with it. The "nana" stays short which is what I would like so I will probably pick that up. Im going to try and do some crypts as a front plant around the DW. I would very much appreciate the plantlets!! I'm dying for a amazon sword they are very classy lol i will private message u about it. My back ground is coming off BTW lol I'm going to paint the back black which I hope stands my plants out more

I have both Anubias barteri sp. 'broad leaf' and Anubias nana in my planted 60 gallon (link to the thread is in my sig if you would like to check it out :) ) and I have a background on mine, I actually am considering painting it but for now my background makes the tank looks much more open and bigger and brighter for now so I like it :)

I have both Anubias barteri sp. 'broad leaf' and Anubias nana in my planted 60 gallon (link to the thread is in my sig if you would like to check it out :) ) and I have a background on mine, I actually am considering painting it but for now my background makes the tank looks much more open and bigger and brighter for now so I like it :)

Yea I'm painting the one side of my back ground I don't use black to see if I like it and if I don't it won't be on the tank il just have to turn the background back around lol I'm bad about changing my mind sometimes but the tank is coming together nice. Getting the soil by the end of this week hopefully

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom