New Life Spectrum vs. Ken's flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul1792

Aquarium Advice Freak
It appears the new life spectrum freshwater formula flakes are no longer available. I tried the New Life Spectrum OPTIMUM all purpose flakes and am not particularly happy with it.

I was thinking of going with Ken's flakes which I read somewhere on here before were good.

Any other recommendations?

Note: I also feed frozen brine shrimp once or twice a week.

Thanks

Mix of fish including ..... tetras, Dianos, Angel, Kribensis Chiclids

I haven't tried Ken's flakes, and, to be honest, I've heard mixed things about them.

I feed my fish Omega One flakes and pellets. They quite like it, and the ingredients are good.

I've used Ken's, they're good stuff, I use the earthworm flake and cobalt tropical, all is inhaled and my fish look great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad I found this thread. I have dregs of Cobalt Tropical flakes and a near full can of NLS Optimum. They will eat the latter but then again I don't give them too many other options (hungry fish will eat). Nice to hear some feedback on Kens.

Thanks everyone ....... the Ken's is in my "cart" on amazon so I am going to try it when I place tonight's order. It's half the price per ounce of NLS so I can't lose too much.

Again, I appreciate the input.

We'll see how the "color" and health of the fish are when on it and I'll report back.

Back
Top Bottom