new lighting ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
can someone please help me im looking to upgrade my lighting so i can start to do hard corals my leds at the moment wont cut it and i been told i cant put in new lights from my LFS because they are all to big but some bulb i cant get i think T5s? will fit into a lamp that i could modify to fit over my tank my tank is a 9 gal the tank is 12inch by 12inch wide any help is appreciated

I have a 20g long with dual t5 ho lights and the guy at my lfs said I would need more than 2 bulbs to do hard corals. Maybe in a 9g you could get away with 2 but I'm not sure

I'm using a 150wOcean blue kessil led over my 5 gallon tank and my corals are growing up faster than other light. I was using a Par 38 from ecoxotic, that one was good but to much trouble with green algae !! Good luck buddy!!

If u have the money get the AI Nano. I have one and it is extremely bright. I used to have a kessil 150 over my 8g and the nano is doing my corals even more good

Back
Top Bottom