New Little Office Tank - Plant ideas welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoryFan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm setting up a tank on my desk at my new job, and thought it would be fun to make a thread about it.
I went with the Hygger Horizon 8 gallon kit, and have the tank now. I also won a bid on a stunning betta from Thailand, so he gets to live in it! He has not yet arrived.
I have 18 watts and only 6 gallons of water space. I also have a dimmer switch, so I could lower the lighting...
I've only ever done low-light before, so this is new. I am going plant shopping tomorrow - I relocated to Nashville so it's a new adventure. Hopefully I will find some driftwood too.
I'm thinking java moss on the rock wall, and anubias and java ferns... but I probably have more options with this light level.
Here are some pics of the fish (Rory), the tank (light can also be set to no-white or just-white lights), and the filter output for a slower current.

Attachments

• Empty Tank.jpg
    Empty Tank.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Rock Wall Falls.jpg
    Rock Wall Falls.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Rory.jpg
    Rory.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 45
I'd also recommend keeping some Indian Almond Leaves in the tank. They lower the pH, help reduce stress and prevent infections which long-finned bettas are prone to. He'll likely be stressed and have lowered immunity after the journey, so the first thing to do is make sure that the tank is cycled, stable, filtered, heated and squeaky clean (0ammonia, 0 nitrites, trace nitrates). Fish are more likely to get sick after transportation, and that's not something you want. Long-finned bettas especially are much more prone to getting various infections that short-finned ones, so you'll have to keep a close eye on him for the first few days/weeks.

This is my second betta from this breeder :), and that's good advice Enchantress.
I got my eco-complete installed and went to the LFS to see what plants they carry.
Now I'm researching each of those because I'm rusty. Sharing 》》
Amazon Sword - super familiar with
Anubis Afzelii
Baby tears
Blue Hygro
Cabomba - have had
Cardinal Plant
Corkscrew val.
Crypt Lucens
Crypt Wendtii Green
Dwarf Sagittaria
Dark Red Ludwigia