new member saying hi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmyjamjam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, I'm James and from Ireland. New to the site so thought I'd introduce myself. My tank is attached, not sure what u think... I'm currently changing over to a cichlid tank setup so it's drained and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you.. :-D

ForumRunner_20130124_214137.jpg

Hey all, I'm James and from Ireland. New to the site so thought I'd introduce myself. My tank is attached, not sure what u think... I'm currently changing over to a cichlid tank setup so it's drained and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you.. :-D

Welcome aboard James aka Jimmyjamjam

Welcome to AA sweet tank, with all that work I woulda had to leave it.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Welcome to AA sweet tank, with all that work I woulda had to leave it.

It was a lot of hard work and even more love and care but it came to a bit of a horrid end.
Ive run this thank for over a year with no issues and always crystal clear water but this year I was traveling a lot with work and done my best to keep on top of it. My bro was looking after the tank as he is a fish keeper too and when I returned I noticed some new rocks in my tank which came from his one....but..... he has a problem with hair algae so within 2 weeks or 3 weeks my tank started to be over run with this dreaded stuff. He said he cleaned the rocks but i cant imagine where it came from or how the water balance could of changed so quickly. I was treating this or at least trying too but it was battle i was losing and it broke my spirit to watch this deteriorate. Ive been toying with the idea of switching back to a cichlid tank for a long while and when my friend started an aquarium recently and the opportunity arose to re-home my fish I grabbed it.
So now im back to a drained tank and starting to set it up this week. Ill start a post soon to show the journey of the tank and share the highs and lows and maybe get some good advice along the way.
:thanks:

People are great here and this is the best forum I have found by far. There are a few more but you won't see any one one there that can help for weeks at a time, I am a member of a few other forums and never go on due to the questions and concerns just aren't answered. You'll love it here!!

Hey james welcome to AA. A lot of great people here you should find all the help you need. And your tank looks great.

Back
Top Bottom