The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScrambledMeg21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the community. I grew up with a koi pond in my back yard and that eventually turned into my 15 gal and 20 gal betta tanks that I had for 3-4 years. Looking to kind of expand my aquarium experience, currently cycling my tank (20 gal) before I make any final decisions on what I'm wanting to put in it. Any suggestions on some cool freshwater fish for a beginner would be appreciated :)

Welcome to the site :flowers:

Picking fish species for others is not really easy as everyone has their own tastes in fish species. There are some really hardy fish that don't do well with other fish. There are some less colorful fish that are really hardy and get along with everyone. Then there are fish that are hardy in some water conditions but not so hardy in other conditions. So you see why it's so difficult to make recommendations. Best we can do for you is ask you 1) What is the Gh of your water? 2) What is the Ph of your water? 3) What are the dimensions of your aquarium? The answers to these questions will enable us to answer your question " Will this fish do well in my tank with my water? "

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom