New Molly pregnant help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollykid

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I got a new Molly and she was pregnant as I was told my the store. So she's new and I kno new fish are scared she's like roaming the tank and staying in place for some time and then moving when I go near her she just stays in one place for some times and moves so is this normal behavior

Your Fish

Ok so I got a new Molly and she was pregnant as I was told my the store. So she's new and I kno new fish are scared she's like roaming the tank and staying in place for some time and then moving when I go near her she just stays in one place for some times and moves so is this normal behavior

Hello moll...

She's likely nervous. She needs a lot of floating plants in the tank. Pennywort, Anacharis and Hornwort are good for hiding and to help keep the tank water chemistry stable. The water needs to be changed regularly. Livebearing fish need some standard aquarium salt added to the tank water. A rounded teaspoon in every 5 gallons of replacement water will help calm the fish and maintains a healthy immune system, Mollies especially.

Livebearing females will hold off dropping their fry until they feel tank conditions are right for the survival of the fry.

Prepare the tank and your female will drop the fry.

B

If u add salt would it be ok for my platy and swordfish and I have a ten gallon how much salt would I need for that and when and how should I add it ?

Your Fish

If u add salt would it be ok for my platy and swordfish and I have a ten gallon how much salt would I need for that and when and how should I add it ?

Hello again moll...

This bit of aquarium salt is fine for any aquarium fish, especially Livebearers like your Platy. One rounded teaspoon for every 5 gallons of water you replace. If you remove and replace 5 gallons in your 10 gallon tank, then dissolve 1 teaspoon in the new water.

B

Back
Top Bottom