New pickup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T1KARMANN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked this female pearl ray up Sunday for the small tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389647164.326683.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389647066.155144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389647066.155144.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 64
I thought rays all needed tanks with fairly large footprints... Is this a permanent home for the ray? If so that seems on the small side since they can reach up to 28" diameter for their disc... Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Yes you are right this type of ray can grow to 20"+ disk size

The tank is just a grow out tank until it's ready to roll with the big boys and girls

I have 7 rays right now but one in my main tank I'm looking after for a friend

I have a pair of pearls in the small tank they should be ready for the big tank in 6 months

I don't know how much you guys know about a UK magazine called practical fish keeping but they came to my house for a visit on Friday to take pictures for a article that will be in the mag with 3-4 months time

Wow that is cool. I want a ray so bad but I have to wait until either the kids are grown or we move into a bigger place. When you said small tank I had hoped I stumbled on a cool looking smaller ray.

Someone needs to discover a pygmy type sting ray for those of us who have no room for a large tank. I would love to have one but just have no room.

The smallest type of ray is scobina males grow to 8-10" disk size they can be kept in a 6x2x2 for life

Females grow bigger of any type of ray

Scobina are very hard to find I did have a pair once but the didn't mix well with the big rays

Back
Top Bottom