New plant additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dswiese

Aquarium Advice Regular
Made a trip to the lfs for some new plants.

First pic was my initial planting and second is after today's trip.
Yes, still need to get a bg on the tank ;)

Attachments

• image-2692437480.jpg
    image-2692437480.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3188389750.jpg
    image-3188389750.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 73
Thanks !!
just added a Fluval 406 and so they are getting pushed around a bit in the current. need to replant and tie down maybe :lol:

@predfan - its micro sword, which technically should be high light, but it looked like too much fun to pass up. know it may not work out long term though.

@scotty - thanks. still a work in progress. looking to add some moss to the dw on the left. and possibly some moss covered rocks as well.

I like the addition of the large piece of DW. It adds more depth and balances the tank in regards to the other DW.

@rivercats - Thanks, i think it does balance out nicely.
though it barely fit into the tank. I originally wanted it to be laid more flat and come from the corner of the tank and spread out. so went more upright.
The only "problem" is that the main couch where I camp to watch the tank and relax is on the left end of the tank, and now I cant view end to end from there lol

@convict THANKS !! really my first tank in years and first planted tank ever.

All - any ideas on how to better anchor the swords? the big leaves are catching the current from the new 406 and getting pull out.
My first idea is to move the output from the left center position it is in now to the far right end panel of the tank and direct the output lengthwise down the tank ? intake is in the back right corner when looking at the tank.

I have 4 Fluval 406's on my 220g and all you need to do is adjust your outflow. I have my end outflows aimed to the front glass but at an angle towards the middle and the two middle outflows I aim at the front glass so the flow hits and disperses both directions. I always bounce outflows of canisters off the glass. Just play with the outflow head alittle and you'll find a good spot and won't have to mess with your swords.

Thanks. yeah the one outflow I have is just left of the center brace and aimed at the middle front glass between the brace and end panel. I have a led light on the back left so limited on the positioning there, and the right back still has my AC70 running. so when that is moved I will have more room to place the outflow.

really wishing i knew someone with a 3d printer to design and make a spray bar. just for the geek factor :cool:

Back
Top Bottom