New plant light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishcrazy86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I’m new to plants I’m starting a community tank an have a lot of low tech plants but I dnt want all my money to go down the drain an have them die without good lighting. Now we have a 65 tall so from top to buttom it’s about 24 almost 25 inches tall. So obviously taller an most so what’s a good light we can get to be able to keep our plants healthy an no Co2 or anything like that.

What is the room like? If it has lots of natural light (but not direct sun) you won’t need anything special for low tech.

The tank is in our living room has a window by one end of the tank but that’s really it.

With that depth I would wait for one of our experts to chime in. I have great luck with the Finnex Planted Plus on my 29g. IMG_4089.jpg

And the cheaper Vivigrow on my 20g. IMG_4084.jpg

Yea I was hoping someone with prior depth experience would chime in an give me advice. I dnt want to get a light that won’t work good for us.

Someone previously recommended this BeamsWork to me. It's the one I'll be grabbing as it's not crazy expensive. I intend to grow medium/low light plants.

I've got a single Fluval 2.0 over a 24" tall tank, works well for low tech.

The 3.0 is the new one. 120 degree lenses should work over an 18" wide tank.

How is the color on the Fluval does it make the plants an fish color pop,?

Back
Top Bottom