New planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eschie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm wanting to plant my 35 gallon tank that's pretty tall with a few live plants. However, I was wondering if plants like cabomba or hornwort will take hold in my medium sized gravel. The grain in about a half a centimeter in diameter. And I'm also thinking a plant like anarchis.

Will these work as planted in my current tank? If not do you recommend any other types of plants?

Eschie said:
So I'm wanting to plant my 35 gallon tank that's pretty tall with a few live plants. However, I was wondering if plants like cabomba or hornwort will take hold in my medium sized gravel. The grain in about a half a centimeter in diameter. And I'm also thinking a plant like anarchis.

Will these work as planted in my current tank? If not do you recommend any other types of plants?

Anacharis is really good tall plant! I also just let it float and it still grows. Great plant if you have lowlight setup. What kind of lighting are you using?

The cabomba will. I am not sure if hornwort develops true roots so planting in substrate might hasten the loss of leaves.
What kind of lighting are you using? A tall tank may require stronger lighting for your plants success.

Anacharis is really good tall plant! I also just let it float and it still grows. Great plant if you have lowlight setup. What kind of lighting are you using?

The tank is in a medium lot area of the house but I also have a pretty bright fluorescent bulb that I use.

If you have a tall tank Jungle Val or Corkscrew Val is perfect. It also don't need overly strong light. You also might want to consider getting a Red Tiger Lotus which would give a pop of color to your tank. They can also tolerate lower light levels. Don't know if you've heard of Ambulia but it is a beautiful easy to grow stem plant. Water Sprite will also grow well in a low light tank and it will grow as tall as you let it. Even up and out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom