New saltie! Ahoy there mateys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pepsi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

He's only gone and done it! My other half has wanted a marine tank for a while even though our only experience of fish keeping is a goldfish we won from a fair. We promptly purchased a tank, but unfortunately Bubbles passed away a couple months ago. We have a comet in the tank now, Flash. Anyway, this is not why I joined the forum. He wanted a saltwater tank and I found someone selling theirs, so we agreed a price and picked it up same day.

We had to top up the water when we got home, but since we got home after 6pm on a Sunday, we topped it up with salted tapwater treated with stress-zyme as we were told by the seller.

Anyway, long story short, we had to learn quick since we bought a second hand tank with fish. Man had a Clarkii clown, a bi-coloured dwarf angel and a Regal Tang (only found out after that the tang should never have been in our tank anyway...) the latter two did not survive the first night. What with the stress of the move and our incompetence regarding water quality!

We are still trying to rectify our mistake, done 2 large water changes so far, but still got a way to go. The Clarkii clownfish is still doing fine, that one is a fighter. All we have added are a few turbo snails and hermit crabs, in hope they'll clean up the sand and eat the bubble algae which has in the last couple of day become a problem.

We've had the tank for two weeks now. One thing the other half does seem to have learned is you can't rush when it comes to marine fish.

All fish are equal, but some are more equal than others

Flash is now property of our 3yo. :)

Of course, even though neither tank is mine, who has the most responsibility regarding pets?

Me!

So any advice most :welcome:

Pepsi x
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Comet goldfish & loach - 15 litre
Clarkii clown, turbo snails & hermit crabs in Marine reef tank - 128l Boyu TL550

Lol @ "the AA"

Hi, my name is Pepsi and I am an alcoholic, I mean aquarist! Nice to meet you both. :)

Hello and welcome! Not much help saltwater, but I am surrounded by it lol (I live in hawaii) anyway, I hope you get your tank situated! One day I hope to get a saltwater tank=)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom