New setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just went out and got Eco Complete. I'm going to have two 6" air stones going on both sides of the tank. And have the filter and heater currently running. Need another bag of Eco Complete though before I start planting (didn't realize the first wouldn't be enough) and then I'm going to get too it. I'm thinking something grass like for the floor like a carpet. And taller growing plants for the back and sides of the tank. Any suggestion on what you think would look good? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433904119.340298.jpg

Good job getting a good substrate! I have Eco complete in my 29 and it works great ! Anyway for plants it depends what fish you are putting but for smaller community fish and angelfish too you can use most plants. What I would do is put some type of carpeting plant like micro swords or dwarf hair grass for carpeting( foreground). Anubias is a good mid ground plant for me. For the back I'd highly reccomend a clump of red ludwigia repens or and anachris or low light rotala. Anyway those are my choices . Sprry I don't know much started mixing around with planted aqauriums back in December. All the plants I mentioned are low light and don't really require co2 to survive. ( depending on the type of rotala c02 and high light may be needed) frets and supplements and co2 are needed for most of the plants but if added will make those plants thrive and grow beautifully

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Anubias poking right over driftwood adds a nice effect and so does some willow moss or x mas moss growing on the stone. It's your aqaurium your plant choices

Anubias poking right over driftwood adds a nice effect and so does some willow moss or x mas moss growing on the stone. It's your aqaurium your plant choices

Thanks for all of the information! Definitely gave me some ideas. This is the final setup before I add the plants. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433986154.857218.jpg my local fish store is waiting on an order to arrive so until then I am at a stand still. I will keep you updated as I add the plants!

What sort of lighting do you have?

Anubias, Java fern, Java moss, crypts and swords are good beginner plants you can research a bit. There are so many variants of those plants that you can find all sorts of shapes and sizes for foreground/background.

Just added some swords and ferns... Going to let them grow in a bit and see how the turn out. How long before I should add fish? Here's the final product but I would like to get some sort of micrograss or something low growing of that nature. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434050148.134772.jpg

Back
Top Bottom