New skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any one had a aqua medic turboflotor 1000 with bio tower and if so are they any good ??

Attachments

• image-3928193488.jpg
    image-3928193488.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 89
I've used one a few years ago. It was a pain to get dialed in but worked ok after. never used the bio tower though. If you want to put this on a reef tank I would skip the bio tower.

Because you will be using live rock for filtration and will have to do regular maintenance on those bio balls. Easier to not use them in the first place.

What sort of maintenance fort I needed more filters than live rock ?

I need a good skimmer can u help coz I ain't sure

How bout this one

Attachments

• image-1420036786.jpg
    image-1420036786.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-4087971581.jpg
    image-4087971581.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 82
I don't know how good that skimmer is. There are no stats on it. What is it's overall size and what pump is in it?
these days people are copying each others' skimmers and some are using the same materials and pumps, while others aren't. I really like it when the manufacturer lists how much air the pump draws.

As for the turbofloater, all you need is the skimmer, and your live rock. No other filter is necessary. What size tank was this?

I got a 70 gal as for the UFO don't matter I brought the aqua medic is more air intake better then thxs mr x

Yea. Air intake is very important. It can be kinda misleading. Because a high gph doesn't necessarily mean a better skimmer pump. Some of the better skimmers now use pumps specifically designed for skimmers that draw large amounts of air compared to their gph rating.

Ok I see nice to learn something new there some many areas to learn about

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom