New tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 46 gal bow front beautiful tank. I already have all the fish I will put in it with probably a few new ones later on down the line. Mainly I will be doing a peacock and hap tank.
I know how to cycle beed in the hobby for about a year now. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I should scape it.
I wanted to know about any plants I can incorporate that the fish would like. I've seen floating and planted I wanted to attempt both.
I recently put some plants in my 29 which had water quality problems for a while, plants in and boom beautiful tank with low maintenance now. So I'm on a kick adding it to all my tanks in the future.
I have decided on a sandy bottom for them.
If I did a rocky scape what rocks should I use for mineral content?
Could I incorporate roots/branches?
If any one has picture of their own tank that'd be great too!!
Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

46g is pretty small for a peacock/Hap tank, definitely too small if you're getting the larger breeds of haps that are 9+ inches. Though either way, even if the Hap is ~6 inches, it'll be very cramped since most peacocks are around 6 inches as well.

And I understand that... it's a growing tank until they get to size to add to bigger tank.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom