New tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, looking now to purchase a 75gal tank, and I need some tips on choosing the different types of filters. In the past I've used canister, and hang on eg. Aqua Clear, which worked great . I used Ehiem brand for the canister in a 120gal in a tank I once had and it worked great.
Now I'm thinking of doing a sump type and not sure what size tank and pump to use? I'm going to do a planted tank with Discus and Angels which need a new home from there smaller tank. Any help and idea would be great !

From having a 75g myself, you could fit a 20 long under the stand pretty easy. If your stand is custom made in sure you could fit more maybe a 40 breeder.

I use the canister/HOB duo on my 75g and it works great!

Caleb

If you want to go ghetto sump, you can check out my build. Click the link in my signature.

I have a 75g tank and I use a 27 gallon storage bin that I bought from Lowes. Feel free to IM if you have questions.

I like using a sump because my display tank (in wall) always has the same water depth. I just have to make sure my sump water level is kept up. I'm currently planning to redo my sump to include auto top off and its own overflow into the floor drain in case the auto top off doesn't stop. This might coincide with me cutting another hole in the adjacent wall for my son and daughter's 20 gallon tank.

From having a 75g myself, you could fit a 20 long under the stand pretty easy. If your stand is custom made in sure you could fit more maybe a 40 breeder.

I use the canister/HOB duo on my 75g and it works great!

Caleb
I was thinking to do the same, but I will be adding a co2 system and I read somewhere that displacement of the co2 is better in a in a canister or hang type vs the sump , is that true?
Thanks for your reply,
[emoji225]

If you want to go ghetto sump, you can check out my build. Click the link in my signature.

I have a 75g tank and I use a 27 gallon storage bin that I bought from Lowes. Feel free to IM if you have questions.

I like using a sump because my display tank (in wall) always has the same water depth. I just have to make sure my sump water level is kept up. I'm currently planning to redo my sump to include auto top off and its own overflow into the floor drain in case the auto top off doesn't stop. This might coincide with me cutting another hole in the adjacent wall for my son and daughter's 20 gallon tank.
Ok, thanks for the info .

Back
Top Bottom